Sunday, June 7, 2009

Why we love our neighborhood...

We have great neighbors that get along great with each other and are always finding fun things to do together. The last few weeks have been no different.
A few weekends ago was Memorial weekend. We were together with our neighbors the whole weekend. There is a field behind our house where we have a community garden. It is great fun. There is nothing next to were the garden is. So our next door neighbor Jared mowed the weeds down and a couple of them made a fire pit. The guys in the cul-de-sac set up tents back there and planned on camping out the Sunday night before Memorial day. That night we all went out and made a huge fire and just sat around and talked. The kids were able to play as well. That was the best camping I think I have ever experienced. We had the campfire, stayed up late, had our friends, walked through our back door and went to sleep in our own beds. It was great. :) The next morning we got up and had breakfast out there as well. Everyone brought something to share.


Then that afternoon we all went to a park in Riverdale called Rohmer Park. It has a HUGE hill there. Last year a couple of our neighbors (I am not sure who's idea it was) bought two 100 ft long tarps and attached them together. There is a hose hookup at the park and it becomes a giant water slide. It was a little over cast and chilly at first, but it did warm up and it was pretty fun. Colsten went down once and that was enough for him. Tally and I went down a couple of times.







That evening we went over to Tally's parents house and had a cook out there. Tally's dad made a wiffle ball score board and we divided into teams. The two teams were the Thomas' and You's Guys. Tally's brother Trevor and his wife Erma, and our nephew Koy and Tally and I were all on the Thomas' team. Tally's sister Kathryn and her fiance Thom, his brother Derrick and his wife Meggan and our niece Brook were all on You's Guys team. Of course the Thomas' kicked butt. It was a lot of fun to spend with our friends and family. We are so fortunate to have all of them in our lives.

2 comments:

Reed's said...

That looks like so much fun. I really liked how you were able to have the fire pit and campout. That is Awesome.

Kourtney said...

You guys have too much fun! i have done that slide on a trap with water before and it is way fun. Where did you guys get such a big tarp? I wish we lived closer so we could do fun stuff like that with you. We will live here forever so count that out. Now that mom is home I miss the phone calls with you, it was the highlight of my day. I hope that we can get together really soon. Love ya