Tuesday, June 10, 2008
On friday (June 6th) my sister Kristen called me and said she was experiencing contractions. She didn't think they were braxton hicks. She talked to me a for a minute about it being real. The problem is her due date is July 10. She was 5 weeks early. I told her to call our mom. The next thing I know she is at the hospital and they are monitoring her. And then the contractions got worse they, started coming closer together, so they admitted her. She had her baby that night. Little Brooklyn has come into our family. She is a premie, but weighed 6 lbs 11 oz. (yes she would have been a big baby at full term) Since she is a premie though her lungs weren't fully developed so she is in the NICU right now. She has been on oxygen, had a feeding tube, all of that fun stuff. Kristen and Adam are well and Brooklyn is doing well. It would be nice to just get her home out of the hospital. She is cute of what I saw of her. But I am grateful that she is here safe and everyone for the most part is well. The reason she came early is because the placenta tore away. And since the body is an amazing thing it knew that something was wrong and that it had to get the baby out or she would die. It really does amaze me at our bodies. They are wonderful things. I just wanted to give everyone an update. Love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad everything is okay. One of my really good friends had this happen (twice) both at 25 weeks. He kids are 5 years apart and now are doing great, but it was very scary when it all happened. Thank goodness everything turned out okay, and Brooklyn is such a cutie. The jolley genes must be really strong. She looks like a jolley to me.
Post a Comment